AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring machine shed-conduit or no?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Catgrader140m
Posted 1/12/2019 19:14 (#7240693 - in reply to #7238419)
Subject: RE: Wiring machine shed-conduit or no?

East central iowa
MC deffiently has its place, I wouldn’t give romex another thought for a machine shed. I would advise you run your wall receptacles and switches in emt conduit. Then set a box up high for your lights, then daisy chain your lights with Mc, then catch your outdoor lights with Mc as well. I probably wouldn’t go any less then 3/4 emt for the few outlets and 240v plugs. Before I upgraded to 1” I would run another 3/4” next to it. You will know why after you bend a few offsets for a box. There’s no need for 1 1/4 pvc and running a #4 copper as your ground, run a #10thhn for your ground and ground your boxes as well. Why I mention emt because it is also legally a ground as well. PVC is made for hog buildings and wash bays or outdoor purposes. If your not washing in there don’t waste your time. Like I said Mc is a good product. And is just as safe as running emt, I just think you would be happy running pipe for everything you can reach then Mc everything else. By yourself a 40$ pipe bender and you will learn. People have a lot of good thoughts here, abondoned the romex idea unless your going to do a kitchen remodel for your wife. Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)