AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wiring machine shed-conduit or no?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Two Hawk
Posted 1/11/2019 21:05 (#7238703 - in reply to #7238593)
Subject: RE: Wiring machine shed-conduit or no?

Southern Nevada desert
Catgrader140m - 1/11/2019 06:29

in 50 years that machine shed will look like a rats nest crow flying romex everywhere. Yes I know running emt conduit is probably double the cost the FIRST stretch of pipe but adding circuits (you will) is a lot faster the second time. romex has its place for new homes and room additions. If it was mine, I would conduit everything on the walls and set a box somewhere at the top of wall then MC cable to lights. That’s just me but I was also a electrician. If you lay it out right I bet you would be surprised how convient it is to run your outlets and 240v in the same conduit and pulling them in at the same time. I don’t know how many circuits you want or maybe you want 10 120v outlets on the same circuit. You could also share the neutral as well when splitting up a circuit. I know I can damn near run pipe as fast as it takes to run 12-2/3 romex all over hell. It’s your call but I wouldn’t get to hung up on the fact, of time it takes to run Emt. 2 cents

Chris

I agree with all this, any piece of conduit that could get damaged will be the same with romex but much more dangerous, way easier to run another circuit or change wire size later with conduit.
And for those few who care, exposed romex is for the most part not legal, some of us need to worry about OSHA or passing a building code inspection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)