AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cannonball bale bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cattledriver
Posted 1/12/2019 18:26 (#7240556 - in reply to #7240465)
Subject: RE: Cannonball bale bed

Oklahoma
cows-n-crops - 1/12/2019 17:46

O.u.and.direct - 1/12/2019 03:19

I’ve had my cannonball since 2000 and have been really pleased with it. The independent arms is the ONLY and I mean ONLY way to go,IMO. I’ve helped a neighbor feed a couple of times, I used his hydra bed I know their a great bed but without the independent arms It was left handed and bass ackwards to me. Mine never had been bad on batteries, I have had to weld on the arms and make new spinners though, silage bales get tough on them year after year.

What is so great about independent arms? Do you have to move one arm in and then move the second arm in?

Hydra-Bed arms come in together and center the bale to the truck most of the time, so load is centered going down the road.

You answered your own question. You said most of the time. With independent arms the bale is centered everytime. If it's not centered you can side shift the bale to center in seconds.

I was like you. I thought who cares about independent arms. But once you have them you won't go back. At least that's how I feel. btw....you can change your hydra bed to independent arms. It's not difficult. I spoke to the owner of hydra bed at a farm show last yr and he said it was very easy to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)