AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cannonball bale bed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cattledriver
Posted 1/11/2019 19:46 (#7238482 - in reply to #7238150)
Subject: RE: Cannonball bale bed

Oklahoma
It seems people love them or hate them. Generally no in between. I'm on my 4th winter with mine and I like it and have had zero trouble. Has lifted everything I've ever needed and rolls out hay very well. I really like the independent arms. I've actually never used it to hook up a trailer but I guess you could. There are some safety concerns on some (including mine) with the dump bed. I hope I'm going to tell this story right. If I'm wrong somebody chime in. Apparently there was 1 or possibly 2 people killed from the bed falling on them. I don't know if it was operator error or cannonballs fault. Nevertheless cannonball is under new ownership and are now called Chisholm trail bale beds. They've made alot of improvements with both function and safety.

Anyway back to your question. The electric over hydraulic is another issue of loving it or hating it. We generally don't get cold enough here for it to run slow. But on occasion it does when in the teens or colder. Its not a problem for me as I feed about 6 or 7 bales a day not 30+. I've got an extra 5 seconds to wait. What's nice about electric over hydraulic is you don't have to put anything on the engine of the truck. It can be a real pain when working on the truck with that thing in the way.

If you have anymore questions ask.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)