AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin Row Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 1/11/2019 14:16 (#7237740 - in reply to #7237635)
Subject: RE: Twin Row Planter

I run a 1225 and like it. Not a ton of after market parts for them, not popular enough to have 1500 attachments like a Deere would. We do both no-till and conventional tillage with it, does both fine. I run in furrow with the tanks on the planter and have tanks on tractor to run some 10-34-0 or 28-0-0 off set to the middle between rows. 2x2 doesn't really work unless you drop on both sides because you'd be favoring one of the twin rows. The row units don't really let you get a fertilizer unit between the rows like I wanted to do. The fan doesn't take much hydraulics. We've had some trouble with the seed delivery system, just have to keep them cleaned out. Monitors are junk, we ripped it out and ran a new one through a Trimble FMX after a couple years. It was daisy chained and wasn't good at monitoring for slow seed placement.

It's not perfect, but they work. I think Monosems are probably better planters, but the price says so.... the GP will do the trick. Reliable enough machine for sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)