AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top 10 worst tractors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 1/11/2019 14:32 (#7237771 - in reply to #7237663)
Subject: RE: Top 10 worst tractors?

I think the 560 issues were greatly enhanced do to the diesel and then people thinking they were getting "free" horsepower by turning WAY UP the pump beyond what componets could stand. These were mostly first owners, so when problems surface they traded them off for new iron with better components and turbos as they were developed. Second owners were left with grenades with the pins pulled and tons of cracks unseen to the eye.

The rear end were a weak point as it was the same rear end sported by "M" tractors of years and years age/technology

We HAD one of those and it left as fast as it came. It spent 3X the time in the shop as the field. Engine blew a couple times at least and rear end not far behind. About that time beans were really high one year. 1066 , 6 bottom plow, and new IHC grinder all came to farm, well welcomed.

I recall plowing alfalfa and an axle twisting off. Had to walk all the way home to get yelled at for days because I didnt raise that side with the hitch some how and save a couple gallons of oil that had to also be replaced. Previous plowing experiences NEVER broke an axle with an M and 3 bottom pull type behind it.

Edited by don@nebr 1/11/2019 14:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)