AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

another search oops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/15/2019 14:30 (#7246943 - in reply to #7246710)
Subject: RE: another search oops

southern MN
You are playing the business game, you have to, I understand that. You need to follow along with what the current trends are.

The whole concept is becoming ridiculous. Type in a name and address you want to look up, and the first 12 results are advertising sites that want you to pay for any results. I just want a simple phone book or plat book type of result, I don’t wan a criminal history. It becomes useless under its own weight.

My nephew for a brief tim helped businesses set themselves up to be on the first page of multiple search phrases. For a fee.

The ‘news’ tab of Google used to be a favorite of mine, look up some news stories. The past 2 years I don’t even bother. There is nothing relating to news and my search topic ever any more, they just link garbage from the News tab, whatever tabloid news will pay them the most to send me a link, it has -nothing- to do with my search.

The video tab also became worthless when they acquired YouTube. They pretty much only link to YouTube videos for a page or two, in an effort to go to YouTube and see more advertisers there.

There is not much searching going on, I’ll look for something else soon. They focus more on selling to me than helping me? And they keep charging you more and more to offer me less and less.

The pendulum swings........

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)