AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I almost can't take it anymore!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 1/11/2019 11:05 (#7237323 - in reply to #7237138)
Subject: RE: I almost can't take it anymore!

Faunsdale, AL
mikado - 1/11/2019 09:37

No matter what side you land on anything political.....just seems it’s over the top sensationalism. In school I remember learning a little about the “yellow” journalism of the 1800’s. I wonder how that would compare to today’s biased reporting. Again, both sides go over the top on issues they deem important.

What’s frustrating to me is if I want to try to learn the arguments for or against an issue.... I really don’t know where to get an unbiased, factual article.

PBS and National Public radio are a good start. If you are used to watching Fox you will likely think its biased coverage because in my opinion FOX news is so blatantly biased viewers have started to believe it.

My parents are in their 90's and watch nothing else. Its very effective, I see the stack of letters they get every day from everyone representing the conservative right wing agenda. I know the "message" is getting through since I hear the talking points repeated. It disturbs me that these two people who raised their children to be critical thinkers and to beware of blindly following other's agendas are so easily led and so unwilling to stop and think about what they are getting bombarded with on a daily basis.

Their generation experienced Fascism, Communism and WW2! Seems to me they should be better able to see the mechanics of the process being used to influence their opinions. I suppose if I am lucky, I may reach that age and might be lucky to retain as much of my "self" as they do. I hope i won't be blindly led and my children will despare my skeptical view of public life!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)