AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TS Performance chips: how do they work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

greencountry
Posted 1/12/2019 06:17 (#7239060 - in reply to #7238658)
Subject: RE: TS Performance chips: how do they work?

southern nebraska
When I bought mine, the ts salesman (by the way he is not an easy guy to talk to) told me that they do not raise rail psi. That was one of my main concerns, I did not want to raise the psi, he said it only controls the pulse rate of the injector. Great if that is the case. So when I open the package the first thing to do is to remove the relief valve and shim it. So I questioned them on it and his remarks are that you will run out of fuel psi when you are using the full power so thats the reason for the shims. I called bs on him and explained to him that shimming a relief valve raises pressure, he said maybe 200psi, but I am guessing 500-1000psi.
Talking to my fuel rebuilder he said from bosch that the relief valve is only good for 3 to 5 reliefs and then the high psi fuel will track around the needle valve which is another reason ts wants that valve almost as a plug.
I eco tuned a tractor in the mean time and he is the one that told me to that ts black box is nothing more than a variable resistor to fake the ecm that the pressure is low so it provides more fuel and that is also why it needs shimmed. Shimming alone won't build psi when the ecm will only instruct a certain high psi spec, when you put that black box in series with the psi sensor to give fake readings is where the ecm will instruct more fuel which results in more fuel psi so the need for the shims or basically a plug.
Ts is for racing, short bursts of high demand fuel. Trying to run it in agriculture for 12 hrs a day is going to cause failures. If you don't try to push the limits of the machine it would probably be ok but who here doesn't want to use what the machine can do.

Edited by greencountry 1/12/2019 06:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)