AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TS Performance chips: how do they work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CCDiesel
Posted 1/11/2019 11:46 (#7237426 - in reply to #7236646)
Subject: RE: TS Performance chips: how do they work?

SE ND
They are likely adjusting the pulse width of the injector to stay open longer.

I custom tune AG equipment daily. On the 9220 tractors I remap the ecu to adjust torque management. This is the one of thee most important parts of performance on any diesel related motor is allowing where the torque to come into play. You can adjusting timing and rail pressure (on common rail systems) all you would like, but without adjusting the torque of where its needed the most, you are not receiving the full potential of that motor at its peak torque rating.

With this being said, we go in and adjust the torque management to peak around 1600-1800 RPM's to allow an optimal operating RPM to gain fuel savings. My concept of adjusting pulse width as well as slightly advancing timing is to be able to A) Pull bigger tools while keeping the same speeds as stock which leads to more acres in an hour while also decreasing fuel consumption by the acre; or B) gear up and idle back to save fuel consumption by the hour.

I recommend tuning a 9220 no more than 75HP over stock getting you up to 400HP SAFELY! We usually see on average 2gph fuel consumption decrease.

Custom Tuning is the new technology in Performance & Fuel Economy gains on any type of vehicle with an ECU (Engine Control Unit.)

I am a farmer myself with over 102 Dealers scattered across North America selling my custom tuning. If you are interested in speaking further about how chips are achieving fuel gains or about custom tuning feel free to shoot me an email, I would be glad to assist in helping you understand how it all works!

Facebook.com/ccdiesel

-Caden
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)