AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why is Lance81 allowed to keep promoting his company?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ndsu84
Posted 1/11/2019 13:32 (#7237661 - in reply to #7237167)
Subject: RE: Why is Lance81 allowed to keep promoting his company?

EC North Dakota
Massey1155 - 1/11/2019 09:50

I've kinda been bustin his balls a little. I see his research, but I can't figure out why his NH3 isn't performing better. Something seems off. I see some of his pictures of the yellow corn. I don't see that in any of my NH3 put on properly. Certain hybrids will do that when they are transitioning roots. I guess I would like to see the full grid sample, hybrid layout, tile runs, etc. I've learned on everything, the devil is in the details!!
I believe when you broadcast fert and don't get it worked in you will loose some of the N in the Map or Dap. But with NH3 price I'm not counting that as a true N source unless worked right after application. Yield checks should have been done with a weigh cart an distance measure. Also was the dry put on with a spinner or air machine?
I have no doubt that banded is usually better than broadcast. But price and logistics is also a concern. I can raise 500bu corn if I do everything perfect and give the crop exactly what it wants when it wants and mother nature is perfect. But we all know the cost/acre on this.
He does seem to be pushing his rigs some, but everybody has to do the math on their fields and their situation. Just don't drink all the kool aid at once......

This ^^^^^ is right on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)