AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Telematics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Hector1234
Posted 1/10/2019 23:10 (#7236444)
Subject: Telematics

I work for a company that has about 500 Tractors. Im in charge of autosteer enabled tractors and telematics for the entire fleet of equipment. We currently run Trimble Tag-200 units that have given us nothing but trouble and very little data. We will be including our pump engines and other powered assets so in total there will be close to 900 units deployed. We have looked at Topcon Tierra, which we really like but I would also like to look at other options. We are also starting a vehicle telematics program for our on-road vehicles, about 600 of them. So far we havnt found one unit that can work for both tractors and vehicles, given the data that we want to pull. We hired an asset analyst to track asset utilization, fuel consumption, hours, faults, pms, etc. I would like to find one unit that can pull from J1939 and also OBD2 but it doesnt seem like thats available, Tierra for tractors and Geotab for vehicles look like good options at the moment but I would like to hear what you guys are using.

Edited by Hector1234 1/10/2019 23:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)