AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need ideas for a dump trailer for manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 1/11/2019 09:40 (#7237147 - in reply to #7236199)
Subject: RE: I need ideas for a dump trailer for manure

Western Iowa
Is it a scissors hoist then if it has 2 hoses? If it is, you may not have to worry about the relief valve, but not sure.

The big telescoping cylinder takes a lot of oil, so you have to have it on a newer tractor, but I pile dirt on this trailer until it is running off the sides and it lifts it like nothing is there. I put (I think) a 30 GPM 2000 psi relief valve on the lift, then got a smaller hydraulic cylinder that was about the size of the air gate cylinder. The hosing was the most expensive part. The lift hose needs to be big, not so much for lifting speed, but lowering, because mine is not power down.

I thought about changing the tailgate, but after using it, there is no need.

I love the aluminum box, but can't do rocks or broken concrete. Nothing really sticks to it, cleans out nice and no rust worries.

It seems like a fancy trailer, but I bought a pair of these, sold one which recouped most of my cost on the pair, then modified this one. Not counting labor I don't have a lot in this one, maybe $2500?

I got the little cylinder and relief valve and some bulkhead fittings from Surplus Center. If you dig into this and want a link to some parts, let me know

Edited by Sodbustr 1/11/2019 09:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)