AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on the sick cow (careful, pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 1/10/2019 11:20 (#7234760)
Subject: Update on the sick cow (careful, pics)

south central IOWA
I sent her to greener pastures last night as I couldn't make her suffer any longer. I posted her myself for the education. It got dark on me last night and I had chores to do, that's why the pictures are from this morning.

What caught my eye last night was a ball about the size of a baseball of what looked like poop in the layer underneath the hide attached to one of the stomachs. After watching some Cody Creelman videos last night I realized it was also infection. I sliced it off this morning to find a white butter type substance along with the whiteish fluid that came out of the stomach. I'm not sure if that was still from the magnalax boluses or infectious stuff. I looked for wire but didn't find any and I couldn't find the magnet I put in her the other day but I also am not sure where that would be.

I'm surprised Cody Creelman doesn't catch a bunch of flack about his videos and you tube doesn't ban them but it's nice that they're out there as it gave me a little insight on what to do and look for. I've tried posting a couple calves before without much success.

(20190110_094617 (full).jpg)

(20190110_095342 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20190110_094617 (full).jpg (91KB - 76 downloads)
Attachments 20190110_095342 (full).jpg (97KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)