AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop adjuster while farming full time?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

4G Farms
Posted 1/9/2019 20:58 (#7233487 - in reply to #7232440)
Subject: RE: Crop adjuster while farming full time?

WC IL
I have been adjusting since fall of 2012. I farm about half what you do and the company considers me as full time but seems like it still fits in time schedule ok. Like others said, usually busy time is after harvest so normally I am done with harvest also. Last few years we have done more and more year end final claims thru email which cuts out at least one trip to the insureds farm if not all trips. This allows me to work on farm stuff most days and do insurance at night after supper. Some springs have been busy with record replant claims but you always seem to get them done. Once you’ve worked with a insured for a few times it gets easier and you can always find a way to get the work done.

I am lucky as so far I haven’t been required to do much traveling as far as having to stay in a motel. That’s a plus since I have 2 little boys and a wife and don’t really want to be living on the road. I am reguired to do 3 days a year in adjuster school which is usually in Indiana . This year it is in mid March which may be interesting since I have no NH3 on and my luck that will probably be the same time I can run .

The company treats me well with decent pay and company truck and full family health and life insurance plus a very nice 401K plan. I would defiantly check into it. May be a perfect fit for you. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try and help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)