AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snap together floating floor installation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 1/10/2019 10:39 (#7234685 - in reply to #7233014)
Subject: RE: Snap together floating floor installation

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
riskybusiness - 1/9/2019 15:42

If it's not too late, take a hard look at luxury vinyl planking (LVP). It's much more stable than laminate and the rigid core or EVP is usually thick enough to span imperfections in your subfloor with out an new underlayment or foam pad. You can still get a great wood look and most products out there can be submerged in water and don't shrink/contract. It's a bit more $$ per s.f. but you won't have to worry about the humidity changes. You still need to leave an expansion joint on the outside edge but I think that's just a CYA from the manufacturers. Run your base over the top and if you want add 1/4 round to finish it off--just don't nail in the floor!

We own a flooring store and laminate has all but been replaced by these "LVP or EVP" products. A little more can be read here: https://www.lumberliquidators.com/blog/waterproof-floors-lvp-vs-evp-... (not our store).

Just got done putting some more of this stuff in. It's so easy to install it's not even funny. We used the 'grip strip' kind. Already had some in a bathroom, even with little kids splashing water out of the bathtub it still looks brand new. You want to leave a small gap next to the wall. Also when installing it, use a very heavy roller to make sure it is stuck down. I had a short chunk of tractor axle I used to roll it and push the sticky strip together. Worked great, I'd not use the snap together stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)