AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is why I don't fear Brazil like.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/9/2019 19:23 (#7233174 - in reply to #7232969)
Subject: RE: Voting and property ownership.....

South Central Iowa
Poll Taxes and questions like "how many bubbles in a bar of soap?" did away with any chance of ever having qualifications for voting.

Personally think that a person should meet 2 of 3 qualifications to vote. Every few years, pass a civics test (like the citizenship test). Pass a current events test (broad stuff). Pay actual income tax; payroll taxes do not count. I say three to keep the last one from hindering the retired. NEVER would happen, but would be great for our country if it did. If a person doesn't know how our government functions, what the news of the day is, and doesn't pay into the system at all (doesn't have their stuff together in their own life) what business do they have voting for people who will effect the lives of others.

Doesn't matter, isn't ever going to happen, nor is that necessarily the best way. But I would be interested to see which side would be damaged more by the civics and current events test. At least 80% of voters would be off. I know the tax payer one would kill your side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)