AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

65 and 35
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FarmerIA
Posted 1/9/2019 09:24 (#7231786)
Subject: 65 and 35

I rarely post on here, but have been lurking for many years. I was working cattle yesterday with my dad among several other fairly strenuous tasks. As I was reflecting on the day today, a thought occurred to me. My father and I are passing through a sort of golden age. I am 35 and he is 65. He is still very strong and can work with the best all day and has a lifetime of knowledge. I am in my prime years for working ability and have moved into more of a manager than just a dumb kid trying to figure it all out. We get along great. We have to hire very little outside labor, as we can now both fill in the gaps seamlessly wherever necessary, without an over abundance of strain on either one of us. Enough time has gone by that most jobs wouldn't require any verbal communication as we both know where the other will be and what he will be doing.

There is no point to this post other than me making a realization that I am going to look back at these years 10 or 20 years down the road as a golden age for Dad and I; I can already feel it. Life is so fleeting and I can feel the decades going by fast already rather than just years flying by. I am going to do everything I can to soak up and embrace the summer/fall period of my Dad and I's working relationship. I hope many others on here are doing the same, if given such a rare gift.

Have a great week everyone! I greatly enjoy reading Agtalk when I get a chance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)