AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Online eyeglasses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 1/10/2019 11:27 (#7234775 - in reply to #7233681)
Subject: RE: Online eyeglasses

NC Iowa
Greg in NCIA - 1/9/2019 22:12

How do you figure out where to place the bifocal? I’ve had no line bifocals for several years. I’ve got a copy of my prescription, but I was measured to determine where the bifocal went, and I don’t see any reference to that measurement. I’d love to have a cheap pair for a spare if nothing else. I wrecked a pair one time that was in a soft case in my pocket by going over the hood of a snowmobile while ditch riding at night. I left a couple of days later for my annual snowmobiling trip to the U.P. and had to wear an old pair. Evidently my prescription had changed quite a bit. I could barely read a menu!

my wife worked in an optometrist's office for several years. if fact, i met her when getting glasses there.
she said if going to be bifocal or transition lens, a deeper lens leaves more room for the bifocal part of the lens, and adjustment is less critical. usually can specify if you wear glasses high up on your nose, regular position, or low. metal frames with adjustable nose rests can usually be adjusted by changing their position. the pd is important to get that right. that number may be on your prescription, but someone cam measure it for you too.

this is the frame i get. the first time i ordered online, i would have been concerned about getting the right glasses and having them adjusted properly if not for my wife's former occupation.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/pure-titanium-full-rim-frame/3737?sku...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)