AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader autosteer and NH SuperSteer tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/10/2019 19:23 (#7235798 - in reply to #7230157)
Subject: RE: AgLeader autosteer and NH SuperSteer tractors

East Central, Nebraska
likely am the one that said marginal at best. I have tried agleader and trimble on the same tractor. it isn't agleaders or trimbles fault. my solution is the t8.330 sitting in my shop tonight that I just acquired.

both the agleader and trimble platforms do well. they just need a lot more hand holding getting things tuned in with the super steer. it is very possible to do but takes time and as soon as you have it perfect in march when its 60 degrees out you will get a hot day and be frustrated again. best advice I was ever given is get the oil as hot as you can. one thing I can guarantee is that when you watch your corner post of hydraulic oil temp and pay attention to how well it is working one day, the next day when the outside temp is 90 and that hydraulic temp is 50 degrees hotter you will get a different result. I kept the old supersteer because that steering system is one of the coolest things I have ever got a privilege to see but I am going to put the more precise passes in the hands of the new fixed front axle tractor (strip till and mounted planter).

I remember when I went out and got things going, then I had to plant seed corn on a hot day a week or two later. the seed corn guys at the end of the field were wondering what the heck I was doing. doing the self tuning on an agleader system and a steer command paired with a supersteer gets borderline violent. the tractor was digging holes it was turning so hard with the 16 row mounted planter. after I let it do its thing it worked well but seemed as if I was always tuning. I don't mind a little weave but sometimes it was too much.

I think you will get along fine, you seem to have a pretty good handle of things and how they work. the poor guy that knows nothing about the system that gets it calibrated at the dealer before it comes home in the winter is the one I feel sorry for.

I will say I had better luck with the trimble system but not sure why. I liked that the trimble let me change values where the agleader really needed a full calibration process ran. keep an eye on that hydraulic temp on the corner post and I am certain you can relate any steering issues to that. as soon as I found a super hot day running vac motors and all the other things that heat the oil up and calibrating that is when I had success.

edit: my experiences are on a TG model NH, which I believe is almost identical to yours. also if your implements are drawn by the drawbar and not the 3 point you will likely have far less issues also. good luck.

Edited by caseihfarmer 1/10/2019 19:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)