AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Longest sale?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 1/8/2019 12:07 (#7229604 - in reply to #7228944)
Subject: RE: Longest sale?

Missouri

Abomb - 1/8/2019 06:26 I wouldn’t have guessed there to be that big of calf sales down there but what’s the ratio of acres/cow down there? I thought they had big sales in SD with there being quite a few barns that have 10,000hd sales, but they are a fair amount of miles away from each other. Back in October Ft Pierre did 10,000 on fridays and had atleast one 5,000 head Wednesday sale in there too. St onge was doing 10000 the same day also but that’s a long ways west of Pierre.

When this Missouri boy went west on the first breeding crew I couldn't believe how far I had to drive just to get a beer, a blonde, and a steak. Condense all your miles between everything and then substancially increase your grass factor and you have the heart of the fescue belt. There's a reason the foreign grazers targeted that area of the country after researching the lower 48.

Don't let it fool you though, without the fescue we all cuss there are areas of Missouri that might not even grow grass. If row crops hadn't destroyed so much of North Missouri's grazing the state would still be pushing Texas for the top spot. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)