AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader insight rtk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/7/2019 08:43 (#7226456 - in reply to #7226259)
Subject: RE: Ag leader insight rtk?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got along well with OmniStar XP for several years on the planter tractor. An OmniStar HP (higher performance, higher price) arrangement was available but I did not utilize it. A few years ago, several in my area complained that OmniStar didn't seem to be working as well as it had in the past. I continued to get along quite well that year although I did have a yet unsolved mystery in one field.

I was using Ag Leader for steering and application situations in various tractors/sprayers. I got a different planter tractor about that time. I was advised to go with an Integra at that time and use GeoSteer. Later I traded the Integra and GeoSteer in on a program and went with an Ag Leader package consisting of an InCommand 1200, GPS 6500 and SteerCommand. This uses TerraStar for correction which is a similar arrangement but different company than OmniStar. By similar I mean that I need to purchase a TerraStar subscription either for a short term or yearly basis like I did with Omnistar.

This GPS uses the GLONASS satellites as well as the U.S. ones. This has worked very well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)