AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ceiling insulation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

runningbehind
Posted 1/6/2019 18:29 (#7225283 - in reply to #7224828)
Subject: RE: Ceiling insulation

NC ND
Waterspoys appeared about 2-3 ft inside. Generally don't get a nonwindy snow that builds up on the roof, usually it blows clean.

Ceiling is vaulted so there is only at most 3' at the peak from ceiling and with the 2x trusses there isn't any room to see or move in it is my guess as to no inspection. I just saw what I could when wrapping the Gable end. Replaced the bathroom vent tube as it was rotted off, that's where I estimated the 4" of I think cellulose. Lumberyard said I should have 13" of loose fiberglass, for $1000 I would try to get as much in as possible over what's there.

Sheetrock would be if I needed to put vapor barrier inside, even differing opinions in this thread shows why am here asking. Unless there is another way to do it that I haven't thought of.

When my parents house had new vented tin soffit installed it took an attic that was clean and relatively fly free and made it dirty/dusty and filled with 1000's of fly's that come in during the late fall, I don't know if poor installation or if coming in the vent perforations. Would like to avoid giving them anymore access than they have now. Crawl through any little crack that has warm air moving.

I appreciate the help I hear many different opinions on what I need to do and without understanding the why it's hard to know which carpenter to listen too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)