AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wow...1599$ what a bargan..$29.07 gallon. Stihl chainsaw ect. fuel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 1/6/2019 18:25 (#7225270 - in reply to #7224276)
Subject: RE: Wow...1599$ what a bargan..$29.07 gallon. Stihl chainsaw ect. fuel

Near-north Ontario, French River
Maybe the e-gas going bad is a regional thing? Or more a north vs south, weather/cliimate related? We run e10 is stihl saws, honda transfer pumps. jd gas lawn mowers, and multiple gas tractors dating all the way back to the 40's.... apart from two fuel pumps,( gm pickups ) caused by plugged filters , when we switched to e10 20yrs ago we have had ZERO fuel related problems related to e10. Maybe down south , with different humidity the e10 goes bad quicker but we leave it in small engines over the winter here and everything starts up fine in the spring. Maybe its related to the base gasoline or the other additives in the ethanol blends the US. We did fight a kawasaki engine in a JD mower once, wouldn't run , kept stalling , dealer continually blamed the ethanol gas. We tried additives, we tried e-free gas...... until one day the plastic timing gear on the kawi finally let go.. needless to say dealer refunded the cost of additives he sold us LOL... new timing gear fixed the issue. Similar issue with my last GM pickup... kept throwing engine codes .. running rough etc.. dealer pulls fuel samples and tells me my fuel is crap and e-levels way out of spec blah blah... went to another dealer ... he finds an bad O2 sensor. Problem solved. Its not only stihl that like to blame Ethanol, seems like ethanol is an easy scapegoat. I don't begrudge a guy for not using ethanol blends because of the politics behind things, but there's a lot of false info out there when it comes to actually using e-blends
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)