AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thought this was funny...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 1/6/2019 06:27 (#7223721 - in reply to #7223605)
Subject: RE: Thought this was funny...

JRosenberger - 1/5/2019 22:40 If you think Snap On ratchets suck then you and I probably have nothing in common. If youre going to own Snap On anything, buy the ratchets.

The ratchet gear head on a snap on is pretty good. Fine tooth count and a weak spring so very  little return resistance. But the handles suck. It could be that you have a brand new climate controlled farm shop that you can bring your spot less equipment into for repairs? I however do not have that option. I have to work on most stuff outside the shop as nothing fits into the 1950s size shop. If I have to work on something in the field, I do not have the option of pressure washing or steam cleaning the equipment and my hands get dirty or greasy. Often times, I have to put a 4" or longer extension on the ratchet to get the socket onto the bolt or nut, that is in a place that I have to roll the tool 90 degree. Knurled handle ratchets work far, far superior for this. They are superior for many other application too, they just dont look as pretty when the knurling gets dirty. But I work on a farm and farm equipment, and thankfully we do not break down often. So my hands can take a couple days of knurled handles. If I made a living a mechanic,....;; 1, I'd starve. 2, I'd equip myself with other tools that would allow me to make better use of a snap on ratchet............with the handles that suck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)