AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retirement- really?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dan H
Posted 1/5/2019 13:37 (#7222221 - in reply to #7222104)
Subject: RE: Retirement- really?

Lake Park Iowa

I have been farming since I was old enough to drive tractor.  Finally able to do it after my 3 older brothers were doing something else on farm.  This is going to be our 48th year of farming.  It has helped being able to farm with a son for the last 25 years.  Still help load hogs, which I am thankful to be able to do.  I realize that will come to a end someday as well, so enjoy doing it and working up a good sweat.  It is nice that now my 14 year old grandson can help when not in school.  One of the great memories of last harvest was driving the combine with my grandson running the grain cart and  his dad hauling loads.  That is truly a gift that I do not take for granted.  

We have been blessed to be able to travel to see our daughter and family in Mongolia, Cambodia, Thailand, and going back to Thailand in February.  We tried Mesa for 3 week 2 years ago,  and my wife and I both said that the world is to small for sitting in one spot for us.  My wife's health will determine how and what we continue to do.

Our health, and love for what we are doing is a gift that I am thankful for and that can change in a moment.  Some things by choice and some not by choice.  Enjoy whatever you are able to chose,  work or retirement.  Most of the world does not have that choice.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)