AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retirement- really?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 1/5/2019 12:30 (#7222086 - in reply to #7221815)
Subject: RE: Retirement- really?

sw ontario
Thud - 1/5/2019 11:26

I've given up trying to remember how old folks here are LOL.. heck I hardly remember my own birthday most years. I will agree that retirement isn't a 'requirement' regardless of age, having said that there are some folks that seem to think they HAVE to work until you're 90 and that if you retire before that you are somehow lazy or a lessor person. To retire or not is an individuals decisions an no one else's.

Paul ,a lot different for cash crop guy today than even 40 yrs. ago, nice equipment,hire jobs you don't enjoy done & with guys who never milked cows or grew hand pick processing crops there lgs & back are a lot better than yrs. ago.........Now if you had a job like Mr. Snip dealing with farmers everyday a person would want to retire,hut,fish,travel.......What I feel is all those "things" that looked so exciting when I was 40 or 50 dpesn't excite me as much now....We have been looking for a cottage but not sure I could just sit on dock all day.....Now looking at cottage a guys idea (hunting/fishing cabin ,few amnemities) is a lot different than what females who watch a lot of HGTV consider to be a cottage.......you are kinda retired this winter with no snow plowing yet
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)