AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retirement- really?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lucky2Farm
Posted 1/5/2019 11:30 (#7221958 - in reply to #7220543)
Subject: RE: Retirement- really?

Indianola, MS
If you are doing all that fencing by yourself you really are robbing someone of a chance to learn. I've always been fortunate to find people to help me. Mostly favor the high school football players here because they need $ but need to get to two a day practices in summer and then in off season we just find something when they are not in school. I read horror stories about employees but I am along side them every minute and they get to see stuff get done. One of my guys helped me get an old diesel well engine out of storage and we had to pull the head to remove what turned out to be an insect nest. We got it into the shop about 8:30 and by 1 we had it popping. The Young man looked at me and said he took two semesters of shop and they never did get their engine cranked! lol He was so happy with himself. Those 4 guys are all grown up and super successful and are my favorite crop yet. We got two more last year and they get bored and complain with nothing to do!? They think it is fun to work on a farm?! Those guys eliminated pigweed escapes 100%. I know I cut 3 acres overall that sprays missed that I figured on loosing but they cleaned it, and I was NOT with them. I can operate equipment and all that but no way would I do without my SEC is the best Football players!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)