AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excitment at 4:30 AM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 1/4/2019 18:25 (#7220443 - in reply to #7219559)
Subject: RE: Excitment at 4:30 AM

Tuscola, IL
Eh- I used to think that and was always preached that growing up with the D.A.R.E. classes. You’d be surprised how many people you interact with every day smoke pot and have never done any other drug. I can honestly say I’ve never done a drug in my life but know hoards of people who have. Just from knowing people, I’d say pot is no more addictive or stronger than alcohol. Most people can use casually, but there are some, like with alcohol, who go too far. The big problem comes in when the instantly addictive drugs start being used. I’ve always said addiction is a disease but drug use is absolutely a choice. You aren’t addicted before you make the conscious decision to use it. I don’t think you’ll see a big change once marijuana is legalized. I’m neither for it or against it.

What I am for is giving police more latitude to raid the known houses. Especially in small towns. When I was in high school, I had to laugh at getting a speeding ticket for 32 in a 25 because the local police officer and myself both knew he drove past 2 drug houses to pull me over. I always wonder what would happen if those known houses in these small towns just accidentally went up in flames one night. Wouldn’t solve anything, they’d find somewhere else to operate. But it is getting to the point where it feels like residents are going to have to be the ones to join together and drive them back to the cities.

Edited by CASE3594 1/4/2019 18:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)