AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any advice on traveling to Costa Rica?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lucky2Farm
Posted 1/3/2019 20:55 (#7218593 - in reply to #7218444)
Subject: RE: Any advice on traveling to Costa Rica?

Indianola, MS
The fishing is incredible. Pacific side and Caribbean both. I'd stay at a really nice hotel if it were me and the wife, you would not save money unless you had other people with you to split rental car and condo up. Its not crazy expensive like here to be taken care of nicely and if you read reviews of places you'll find a lot of places work hard for you to enjoy your stay. I've rented a car and an apartment there and also had a nice room at a small hotel that arranged for hotel pickup. I'd go for a hotel pickup at airport and let them take care of you. Costa Ricans are awesome and you are working unnecessarily to do anything on your own there. I know a guy who guides out of Herradura bay $1000 for full day on an old hatteras larger boat or $750 on his center console. Los Suenos Marina has a Marriott. Sailfish, tuna, marlin, mahi, and I have no idea what we were getting when we bottom fished. I just know we had 3 hooks and as soon as it hit bottom we reeled up 400 feet of line and always had 3 fish with eyes popped out from pressure change. We have seen orcas, sea turtles and a mega pod of dolphins we fished in one day was incredible. Tuna on the line and 10,000 dolphins jumping. Oh and Roosterfish !! First time we fished there we caught nothing on a near shore 1/2 day then literally in the bay entrance we hooked a Roosterfish that was within 15lbs of a record. They catch and release strictly. Buddy caught a Mahi and it too was 10-12lbs away from a record. You can keep and eat Mahi, it was fantastic.

That being said I am bee lined to the beaches of rural Mal Pais. Its a Unesco blue zone. Area where average lifespan is really high. Lots of 100 year old people there. Probably need a rental to get out there.

edit to add the ATV tours are epic! and they are all over the place but go to a place and visually inspect atv. I prepaid thru hotel and got a crap atv. If you are there you look before you pay. I got a brand new honda dirtbike once, the tour guides ask what sort of things you want to do. They'll take you up in the mountains to stuff you'd never EVER find

Edited by Lucky2Farm 1/3/2019 21:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)