AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone collect Southwestern Bell Telephone memorabilia?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 1/5/2019 13:28 (#7222197 - in reply to #7218851)
Subject: RE: Does anyone collect Southwestern Bell Telephone memorabilia?

Western-Central Lower Michigan
TractorAddict - 1/3/2019 22:19

Ha ha. Yeah relative was in sales with SWB for her entire career. Started in Arizona and then transferred to Dallas. 30 plus years putting up with Dallas traffic and working in downtown Dallas is a feat. She said the latter years were incredibly difficult. If someone higher up, especially if a female, didn’t like you for whatever reason they could make life hell for you at SWB and get away with it back then.

I was working for another of the ATT "Baby Bells", Ameritech. We got bought up by SWB, boy the changes came fast and furious. Some for the better, some not. I retired from Digital Ops in 03 on a buyout. Loved the job, but boss said you arent going to like the changes coming down the pike. He also said if they offered MGT an incentive like this offer I wouldnt be here to answer the phone.

Later on SWB bought ATT for the name and world reputation. They also got stuck with a lot of ATT management and the company did another 180.

I had left at age 54 1/2. Took a ton of adjusting to being retired.... now Im coming up on 70, still adjusting, but it seems better, lots better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)