AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling it quits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swne
Posted 1/3/2019 19:50 (#7218373 - in reply to #7218273)
Subject: RE: Calling it quits

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
May I suggest if you want to do some traveling, don't wait too long. My wife and I have traveled quite a bit over the years but really got serious when our youngest kids were in or just getting out of high school. So, early to mid 40's for us. So glad we went to the places we have. A lot of great memories. Also took the kids with us a few times.
What we have seen is people waiting to go when they retire then can't do some tours we go on or really struggle to walk and get around. It can't be real enjoyable. One place we thought we would go sometime was Machu Picchu. Not going to happen for us now. I'm not sure either one of us could take the climbing in the high altitudes. There are a couple of other adventures I would have maybe taken on 10-20 years ago but not today. Also, as you get older desires change. Grandkids come along and I'm getting more and more content just to spend time with them instead of being on a tropical beach somewhere. Yes, as you age, going to the beach does not have the same appeal as it did in your 20s and 30s. :)
But we have been blessed that we were able to go to the places we have and have the memories for the rest of our lives. Don't wait too long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)