AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to avoid nursing home owning parents home??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 1/3/2019 07:32 (#7216707 - in reply to #7216631)
Subject: RE: Trying to avoid nursing home owning parents home??

sw ontario
dairyman78 - 1/3/2019 07:51

Not saying this is the case but something that irritates me is some who constantly complain about excessive government spending then try to hide assets to avoid paying for long term care and placing the burden on the government. I have power of attorney over my mothers finances as she has a small nest of eggs plus we sold her house and it's all going to her elderly care. I constantly get advice from these kind of people on how to hide assets and refuse to do it. It's her money and should be spent for her last years to live in comfort. She now is in a senior apartment and paying her own way. If she lives to 100 she could run out of funds.

Dave , a great post....something all of us farmers should think about.....Someday I suspect that working poor will revolt to some of our farm subsidies were the most goes to the richest......Farmers think welfare Mom's = BAD ...... gov't payments too farmers with million(s) in assests = GOOD .......the spread between the rich & poor keeps growing & who klnows were a lot of us on NAT would be if we were born in the slums of Toronto,Chicago,Deroit or emigrated here with nothing
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)