AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

plumbing the kitchen sink drain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AlphaOutlaw
Posted 1/4/2019 10:13 (#7219545 - in reply to #7215398)
Subject: RE:More Info

I'm sure it does not meet code. Had a plumber tell me he wanted to re-do it but he also wanted to replumb the whole house.
The septic system was updated 2 years ago, sized properly for the house so that shouldn't be a problem.
The gurgling is not from back flow, its the gurgling of the trap in the sink every time the pumps run (there are 2). From what I can see there is no vent on the sink drain, the septic drains are vented. It has been set up this way forever but we put in a new pump this summer that has a shorter float range and more power than the old pump so it runs more often and when it kicks in it really gurgles the trap compared to the old wore out pump.
We are careful not to put too much grease and food down the kitchen sink as to not clog up the drain tile. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to not having this gray water going septic vs. tile.

also, as stated, the new system/tank was sized for the house, 3 bedroom, without a garbage disposal. would it cause trouble to add a disposal now? when we put in the system it was going to be like $1500 more for a bigger tank if we wanted garbage disposal.

thanks for replies so far. probably going to re reroute drain to septic
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)