AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vague question Security cameras to wifi without internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 1/11/2019 20:34 (#7238608 - in reply to #7237310)
Subject: RE: Vague question Security cameras to wifi without internet

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Nate B. - 1/11/2019 09:59

Otherwise, set up a separate AP for the cameras to connect to which is wired to another AP that the phone/pad will connect to--the idea is to not share the same WiFi channel between the cameras and the phone/pad for performance reasons. Alternatively, use wired cameras with Ethernet wiring back to the router/AP, if that is acceptable to the congregation, and a single AP for the phone/pad connection.

So you are saying something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Crystal-Vision-4-Channel-True-HD-2TB-HDD...

But also have it plugged into another router (w/o internet), and the viewing tablet/phone use the secondary wi-fi?

I think you are onto something. Thanks!

If nothing else, this system I provided the link for would at least get us a start. Sure would be easier than stringing a bunch of cables all over the place! I also like it says it will "auto pair" the cameras. So many systems I have looked at want you to use the app to set up the cameras. Which is part of the problem with no internet access.

I was having nightmares about trying to set up the cameras at home, take the whole thing down and hope they all worked. I ain't cut out for I.T.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)