AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vague question Security cameras to wifi without internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 1/11/2019 10:59 (#7237310 - in reply to #7212024)
Subject: RE: Vague question Security cameras to wifi without internet

Bremen, KS
Yes. This is available.

There are a variety of ways to do it. The way I did it for our calving barn is to use a pair of IP cameras that are wired, not wireless. Separating the camera connection(s) from the connection used by the phone/pad will speed things up.

On the phone/pad I would recommend the IP Cam Viewer Pro app which is available for Android and Apple devices. With it I suspect that if you go with WiFi cameras that you would not need an Access Point (AP). Once the cameras are configured with unique "static" IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2 and so on, and the pad is configured for its own "static" IP address such as 192.168.1.100 or some such, the phone/pad should be able to connect to each camera. Note that I have not tested this so I could well be wrong!

Otherwise, set up a separate AP for the cameras to connect to which is wired to another AP that the phone/pad will connect to--the idea is to not share the same WiFi channel between the cameras and the phone/pad for performance reasons. Alternatively, use wired cameras with Ethernet wiring back to the router/AP, if that is acceptable to the congregation, and a single AP for the phone/pad connection.

The key thing I want to mention is the IP Cam Viewer Pro app as it will work with just about any camera. It does not require a central server and will connect to the cameras directly over the network.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)