AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Trailer floor removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tjdub
Posted 12/31/2018 12:59 (#7209625 - in reply to #7208757)
Subject: RE: Stock Trailer floor removal

I have the same exact Keifer trailer.

I was thinking I could just replace the wood too, but once you start you'll probably come to the same conclusion I did that you need to replace those angle-iron cross members too. They're bolted in and there are only two different dimensions. Just get two sample pieces out and take them to a steel supply place and have them cut and drill a whole set of new ones for you, it's not too expensive and easy to bolt them in. Menards has the self-drilling screws to put the new boards on.

I don't think you can (and shouldn't need to) add extra support under the cross members. The axles are bolted to the main frame pieces that run the length of the trailer and the crossmembers are bolted to that. I don't think there would be room between the axles and crossmembers.

Edit: I see the problem on that one picture that the big angle under the fender (that the axle bolts to) on the left side is bent. I think you'll have to cut that out and weld a new one in. Now that I think about it I remember now having to replace those on mine when I did the floor too. I hired my neighbor to do that part because unlike me he's actually a good welder :) I think he got me some beefier pieces of angle iron for that than were in there originally.

Edited by tjdub 12/31/2018 13:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)