AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I Pad battery started acting crazy few weeks ago.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/27/2018 10:42 (#7199063 - in reply to #7198928)
Subject: RE: I Pad battery started acting crazy few weeks ago.

southern MN
Get your info backed up.

Some stuff doesn’t get backed up, some apps hold their own data, when my iPad shut down I had one app that I set up 5 years ago, I forgot what my sign on name was, I couple probably guess what my password was with an afternoon of trying, but without remembering what my log in name I used, it’s all gone to me. Never ever used that log in other then that first day, I used my email for everything else. But to access the old info from a new iPad, I would need that long ago log in name.

Now I know.

I had some notes on the notepad. I haven’t found a way to get to those notes. I do have an old iTunes snapshot, but it’s not clear how I can access the notepad stuff.

Worst was the pdf files. They don’t allow you to handle pdf files like a normal computer, they assume pdf stuff is purchased books you can just download again. Well if you save 150 nice pdf files over the years, you can look at the titles of them on iTunes, but you can no longer access them as you could have years ago...... that’s a real bummer.

Things like that.

Apple will swap out a refurbished unit for you for the right price. They won’t save your info, it will be set up new I do believe.

As mentioned some of the independent cell phone fixit places can do a new battery, but it’s a bit of work and needs glue removed and screen pried off, it might cost a few bucks be sure the machine is new enough to be worth the effort. Or you can try yourself you can probably find the parts fairly cheap, but it does look involved.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)