AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Look out texas..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/26/2018 13:31 (#7197086 - in reply to #7195479)
Subject: RE: Look out texas..

southern MN
In my little backyard of Minnesota, they are forecasting 1/2 to 3/4 inch of rain.

On our frozen tundra, that is very unusual to get that amount of rain. I don’t really remember it? Will be interesting, as the ground is very wet, frozen hard, perhaps a 1/2inch of mud on top if it warms up. Add in that much rain, not sure what we end up with, other than frozen over ditches and rivers wanting to rise. The river just went back into its banks a couple weeks ago.

3/4 inch of rain on the frozen ground is like pouring on a paved parking lot. Everywhere..... our drainage systems tend to be frozen or at least partially blocked this time of year with snow and ice. The good news is that there isn’t anything going on out in the fields now of course, so it has until next April to sort it out. Alfalfa fields and if there were any winter crops, or wintering cover crops, will be in peril in the low areas.

Storms aren’t good, the moisture I see on your map should have some good benifits for the regions shown, which I think are long term dry areas?

But a person has to survive the storm part intact to enjoy the other parts of the weather!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)