AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 10 User Accounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

TheBonePile
Posted 12/25/2018 12:05 (#7195260 - in reply to #7192398)
Subject: RE: Windows 10 User Accounts

Southeast South Dakota
As far as I know the only difference between microsoft logon and local is if you forget your logon password, a microsoft account can help you get on - a local password/account can not - so you would be out of luck

I have several Win 10 computers (some upgrades, some fresh installs - I never have filled out or use a sign on password (security from outsiders not my concern) - but it seems a few computers I do have to click the sign on button when rewaking them from sleep (some just wake up some I have to click on the sign in button

I guess I feel using a password to sign on is pretty stupid as far as security - I don't use one for my phone either - guess I am not the type that tries to hide everything.

Microsoft has went to a lot of work so that if someone steals your computer ("think laptop sitting at an airport") if they don't have the sign on password then they can't get to your data - this is good I suppose, But what that means is if you forget a password to a computer - you can't get to the data either - not easily anyway.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)