AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 10 User Accounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

stxman
Posted 12/23/2018 21:30 (#7192398)
Subject: Windows 10 User Accounts

Not real sure what the best way to setup the user accounts are on Windows 10? Should I use a local account, or Microsoft account? Let me know your thoughts. Here is a brief description of my setup:
-Have 5 brand new computers with Windows 10 (3 w/Pro, 2 w/Home) connected via ethernet cable to a router/switch
-3 different people to use computers
-Office 365 subscription to be shared between all computers
-3 computers are in individual offices, to be used for bookwork, Excel, Word, Internet browsing, precision ag data (SMS), etc.
-1 computer is in the shop, this will be used by everyone with the main intent to look up parts, service manuals, maintenance records, and anything else that will be handy in the shop
-1 computer is in the power shack at the grain bins, this will again be used by everyone to record moistures and other grain related information in excel and also run software for a PLC to control, grain leg, pit, drags, etc.

I'm kind of thinking I should set up a Microsoft for each computer (i.e. shop@outlook, grain@outlook, user1@outlook, etc.) and that way everything will be separate and can then choose what to share between computers. My main downfall with this method is each computer requires a password/pin on startup or wakeup and is somewhat of pain. Maybe there is a way to turn it off? Computers are not where they need to prevent unauthorized access. Also I am the person who is responsible for installing software and making sure everything is working on all the computers if that makes a difference. How would you setup these computers?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)