AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is "listening" to your equipment a lost art?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 12/13/2018 09:47 (#7168455 - in reply to #7168069)
Subject: RE: Is "listening" to your equipment a lost art?

just a tish NE of central ND
TD15 - 12/13/2018 06:18

At age 57 it's getting harder to hear the sound of the machinery.

Yep... here too.Same age too,I Never missed much sound oor feel when I was younger but age is changeing that. Machinery is music to my ears,Alwasy has been. I just dont hear it as much at our age as I used to and it frustrates me at times.
... I can pound iron on an anvil and every one else younger runs to cover their ears, and I am surprised that they all need to do that. (:
Back in the day, a neigobor got a brand new 4020 and took cab off to run his pull type combine the first year he used it so he could listen to the combine. The following years he pulled the windows off the tractors cab to hear combine.
You aquire the feel for things..... during our extreme wet years, I seldome got stuck(but did also) with our seeding outfit becasue you aquire a feel for the land and the machines capabilities and work close to sloughs a small distance at a time. The steering wheel jockey I had here for a few years did a good job but got stuck in some strange places and situations where surely he should have felt the traction fadeing away the pass previous and been more carefull.Guess he thought 4x4 meant it was going to go through. Its all good though.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 12/13/2018 10:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)