AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is "listening" to your equipment a lost art?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 12/13/2018 08:22 (#7168269 - in reply to #7168190)
Subject: RE: Is "listening" to your equipment a lost art?

n.c.iowa
Was ripping in some frozen ground, I did look back at least once, and thought to myself, " Johnny there looks like a shear bolt broke on a shank for there appears to be a untilled area."

So when I got to the end of the pass sure enough there was one shank not doing it's job, but instead of a broken shear bolt the whole shank is missing, dammm, wonder where the heck that's at.

So I go on a shank search got all the way to the other end and there it was stuck in the ground on the headlands standing straight up and down.

Was mowing waterways this summer with a flail cutter and a sudden rainstorm came and caught me in the middle of mowing the waterway, just about buried the tractor/mower, anyway in my effort to escape things got alittle rough.

Got the tractor and mower back to home base, and about half hour later a neighbor calls and is kinda shooting the bs about the weather, then he asks if I'm missing anything off of the mower, I respond I didn't think so, why? He kinda laughs and said I should go look it over, and sure enough on one of the ends one of the almost 3'x3' belt drive shields is missing. It's lying in the waterway.

I asked how they had seen it, he told me his dad was driving by at the time and seen it fall off.

Edited by johnny skeptical 12/13/2018 08:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)