AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update 2162 fd 70 blowing filter off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ih1566
Posted 12/13/2018 00:11 (#7167813)
Subject: update 2162 fd 70 blowing filter off

Hamilton, OH/ Browning, MO
If anyone has one of these heads they need to check this. Last night I searched on here for someone that had this happen to, and someone mentioned some waxy looking stuff plugging the relief valve on a fd 75. Apparently the wax is from the original assembly of the head? Anyway, it decides to let go and ends up in the valve on the bottom right side of the right side of the reservoir along side the feeder house, thus blocking it off and not letting fluid through and my filter base was the weakest link. This morning I started it up after put on the borrowed filter base just to see if it would work, and after a minute it blew the gasket out from the new filter. Must be the next weakest part. Everyone I talked to told me I must not have let it warm up when cold, and even then never had a filter blow off. We've been cold, but not like farther north so I kinda ruled that out. I'd like to know where the wax comes from, or why. The tech that came out today to help me figure it out farms also with the same head and told me he's going to check his when he got home.

Another little FYI, if you take this valve apart make sure to be careful taking the snap ring out because there is a spring under it that sends the snap ring into outer space and never to be found again. Some things you learn the hard way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)