AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor purchase Delima/scenario
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SESD FARMER10
Posted 12/12/2018 22:14 (#7167714 - in reply to #7167677)
Subject: RE: Tractor purchase Delima/scenario

packerfan - 12/12/2018 21:55

I'll be odd man out, mainly because I hate payments. You're looking at $60 for used and probably $100k for new? If the used one doesn't have all the emissions crap and it will do what you need it to do, then you'll have an extra $40,000 available for other needs. There's a cost to the 0%, you just don't see it on paper. Now, if the used one is new enough that it has DEF and other emissions, then I may lean more towards new to get the warranty. I don't know what warranty on new tractors is, I haven't priced one in 40 years. A one year warranty for instance, wouldn't be worth $40k to me. Maybe you can tell I'm not a fan of some electronics, DEF and other unnecessary components on new equipment.

Warranty is usually 2 years on everything. Can be more on engine and drivetrain. Also, if you purchase a new tractor and do have something major happen (ex. engine blows up) shortly after warranty is out, most dealerships will want to keep you happy. You may not get the entire repair paid for, but I would think chances are pretty good you will get a break on the bill. If you buy a used machine and the engine blows at 2 years, that repair bill is all yours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)