AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pulling center pivot on highway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 12/12/2018 20:09 (#7167364 - in reply to #7167177)
Subject: RE: Pulling center pivot on highway

Manitoba, Canada
I did one so not much experience but I learned a few things. Check the route carefully for clearance under trees and wires. Check for any obstructions on any corner you need to turn at. We got caught with a stop sign on the side of the road that we needed to turn at. The road we were coming off of was plenty wide and I didn’t think I would have any trouble. I was wrong. Luckily the sign pulled out of the ground easily and we continued to pull it out carefully every time and the hole never caved in. If you cross any roads check how high the crown of the road you are crossing is. I had one gravel road with a high crown and steel approaches on both sides and the truck under the pivot was only about 6”clearance from the truck cab when crossing that road. It worked but is something to be aware of. We took the wheels off and turned the drives (towable pivot) after the first one. It made it a lot narrower. Here, we needed a pilot vehicle front and back with all the proper signage and overdimension permits with the exact route documented. Check your local laws to see what you need to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)