AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montag clean up?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bluedog
Posted 12/12/2018 20:10 (#7167370 - in reply to #7166530)
Subject: RE: Montag clean up?

Nebraska
PE. - 12/12/2018 13:30

Get a firehose nozzle for 2" hose and blast water into tank while running fan and meter full speed, you will wash it spotless including getting all hoses clean and washing diffusers. Worked great but Montag says you have to take meter covers and ping pong balls out to really get it clean and eliminate product trickling out when meter is stopped, so back to climbing inside and doing the hard way.

Firehose nozzle with water out of my spray water tank is how I wash everything...I almost never use my power washer unless I actually need to cut oil or peel paint. Ultra high pressure spray just blows stuff around. 60-80psi and high volume is the only way to wash things up. I learned this by having to wash out livestock trailers. Power washers suck for washing unless you have hot water and want to de-grease something. About the only thing I found my power washer good for was washing off the dried on manure from the walls of the aluminum livestock trailer.

I have in-line row monitoring, so I take apart my hoses there to drain my wash water. And take the cover off on the inside to wash up the ping-pong balls too. I get mine completely clean, I expect it to last for a long long time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)