AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unload Auger Extension vs. Spout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 12/12/2018 12:05 (#7166374)
Subject: Unload Auger Extension vs. Spout

SCMN

We run a 35' platform with a 22.5' auger on our S-Series combine.  To say it's tight is an understatement, the cart tire runs about 2' from the end of the head.  We run autosteer in the combine and cart which is great but it's still really close.  I was all but ready to pull the trigger on an unload auger extension, most likely the Lankota 48" that sells for $1,300.  I was also strongly considering the cross auger clutch kit for an additional $2,900. 

A much less costly option was recently brought to my attention, a new style spout from Deere that sells for about $190.  It claims to add only 9" of reach but I'm told the throw is much farther than that due to the open end design.  Our cart is tall(Brent 1082) and when the grain piles up the current spout is really close to the pile.  The slightest slope puts the auger in the grain and it takes all of a millisecond for the shear bolt to go, done that a few times.  If this spout could gain me 2' I'd go that route as long as it doesn't hang much lower that the current one.  Can anyone comment on this spout vs. the original spout on the 2015 and older combines.

(Spout_Old (full).PNG)

(Spout_New (full).PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Spout_Old (full).PNG (19KB - 92 downloads)
Attachments Spout_New (full).PNG (40KB - 78 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)