AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fd 70/ 2162 filter blew off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ih1566
Posted 12/11/2018 20:37 (#7165089)
Subject: Fd 70/ 2162 filter blew off

Hamilton, OH/ Browning, MO
While cutting beans today the belts stopped turning and when I looked down I see oil running out around filter cover. Take cover off and the filter falls to the ground. Its broken the threads out of the filter base. What would cause this? Called local dealer and they tell me closet one is in Kansas city, so apparently I'm the only one who's broken this part east of the Miss. river. Thankfully local dealer lets me drive 2 hrs to another location to steal one off a used head. Got home and hooked everything back up, and it works fine when idling. Somebody at one of the many dealers I called mentioned it's a sign of a hyd motor going bad and plugging the filter or an orfice with metal shavings. Hoping dealer can come out in the morning to check pressures and diagnose. Don't know what this filter base is going to cost me, and I don't really want to blow another one off. I cut the old filter in half and don't see anything that looks like metal or shavings. Anyone have an idea what would case the filter to break off?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)