AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

well it hurt to put snow covered bales inside?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 12/10/2018 20:16 (#7162813)
Subject: well it hurt to put snow covered bales inside?

western iowa,by Denison
We finished up Friday nite with trim and ridge cap-had intentions on putting fresh baled stalks in that came off my friends farm-that were excellent and dry.Anyhow 1inch of ice and 8 inchs of snow-we have time to start putting them in-we put the balance of cobs on the north end and have been stacking bales in-trying to keep them loose instead of packed tight-can get 20 per row and each 16 ft bay holds 3 rows of 20-the building has8-1/2 bays -so probably around510 bales-we are going to put in around 250-as I wonder if the bales will get hot?
I guess maybe better inside-we do get a good draft as the bottom sides are open and very large opening on the overhang-the side with the wood up 8ft-with a opening seems to really move air. Was glad we went with the 100% light thru poly panels-lets lots of light in!
Thinking if I build the next one a 40x80 will be big enough-that would hold 250 bales-
WE are going to put rain gutters on this summer-is there anyone that has built there own rain gutters?

Edited by garvo 12/10/2018 20:19

(001 (full).JPG)

(005 (full).JPG)

(007 (full).JPG)

(010 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001 (full).JPG (108KB - 85 downloads)
Attachments 005 (full).JPG (152KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments 007 (full).JPG (135KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments 010 (full).JPG (138KB - 87 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)